The Many Benefits of Italian Dual Citizenship
Why should you consider getting Italian citizenship for yourself and your family? Of course, one of the primary benefits that individuals of Italian heritage and their spouses often dream of is visiting Italy as often as they please and experiencing the culture, natural beauty, and rich history of their ancestors.
There are some other amazing Italian dual citizenship benefits which might tip the scales and motivate you to get started on the process.
The Practical Benefits of Dual Citizenship
Consider the myriad of Italian citizen benefits available if you are eligible for dual citizenship:
- The ability to purchase property in Italy or another EU country quickly and easily, with a tax discount for your first home in Italy. Retiring to Italy or an EU nation is your right as an Italian citizen, and you will also be eligible for tax-free import of vehicles and other high value items as your personal property.
- The right to work, with some hiring preferences, inside the EU. For entrepreneurs, dual citizenship greatly simplifies the process for starting a new company in Italy or the EU. Investors can purchase foreign securities with fewer restrictions, gaining easier access to investment funds and Eurobonds.
- Access to high-quality education and medical care at very low cost, which is one of the Italian dual citizenship benefits from which your children can benefit greatly. The EU offers higher education to all citizen students that are considered capable and deserving. Costs to attend even top universities may be as little as a few thousand euros per year. There are also social, disability, and economic benefits for all Italian citizens.
- The right to vote in Italian elections, and certain EU elections, or even run for public office, becoming directly involved in the future of your ancestral country and region.
- Traveling under an Italian passport, which gives you and your family access to 127 countries without additional work or travel visas, as well as the protection of the Italian or EU embassies wherever you travel.
- Gaining automatic citizenship and access to the Italian citizenship benefits for your children under the age of 18, and generations to come. Once you obtain your dual Italian citizenship, it is preserved and available for your children, and their children as well. By completing the process, you eliminate the possibility that your descendants might be unable to claim their place as part of Italy in the future.
Preserving the Past and the Future
Seeking Italian citizenship for yourself and your minor children is a rare combination of preserving your cultural heritage, honoring your ancestors, and moving forward into a brighter and more secure future. Connecting with your past and accessing new opportunities may be one of the most meaningful experiences you can provide to your children or enjoy for yourself.
While the process involves researching and translating vital records and application materials, it is easier with guidance from the Italian American Citizenship Assistance Program. We can help you through each step of obtaining your dual citizenship if you qualify, from access to resources and vital records, to translation and Apostille services.
There is no time like the present to secure these benefits for the future. Contact us today to find out how our program can help you navigate the process and realize the dream of full Italian citizenship sooner than you thought possible.