Share This Post
Applying for Italian Dual Citizenship with Family Members
The process of applying for dual Italian citizenship via jure sanguinis involves documenting direct descendency from an Italian citizen, in line with some basic requirements. Once that link is established, it can be a relatively simple matter to add additional family members with help from the Italian American Citizenship Assistance Program’s Italian Citizenship Program (ICP).
What Are the Requirements for Dual Citizenship “by blood”
Jure sanguinis means “by blood” or “by bloodline” and allows Italian citizenship to be granted by ancestry with no limit on the number of interceding generations. Since being born in the United States generally grants citizenship there, many Italian Americans are eligible for dual citizenship through the Italian Citizenship Program, provided they meet some requirements.
Seeking Italian Citizenship for Your Whole Family
While the process of applying for dual citizenship can seem daunting by yourself, with help from ICP’s Italian Citizenship Program you can take charge of the process and complete the necessary steps in the right order. Having a plan of action will help you be ready for these considerations:
- Each Italian Consulate may have slightly different documentation requirements, but all of them will require each applicant to provide full documentation with their application.
- Family members who live in other jurisdictions can still benefit from the successful application of one group of family members to support and simplify their own application, even though they must re-submit most of the documents.
- Each family member may need their own interview appointment with the consulate, or the family may be allowed to attend one longer appointment.
- Applications for Italian dual citizenship must be apostilled and translated to Italian, and each family member may need to provide an original set, but some jurisdictions allow photocopies to be used if family members apply together.
Organizing And Streamlining the Application Process
A family consultation with ICP will identify the steps needed to obtain Italian dual citizenship with family members. Your family’s unique history and circumstances will inform the next steps and actions needed. After that first meeting, ICP can provide you with:
- A comprehensive report on your status
- A project plan with timelines and milestones
- A cost analysis
- Access to quality products that will help you succeed
Achieving Your Family’s Italian American Dual Citizenship
Establishing your ancestry and securing Italian citizenship for your family might involve researching records from Italy and other critical steps, but, with a clear action plan and ICP resources, you may secure the cultural and legal benefits of dual citizenship for yourself and your loved ones.
Reach out to us today to start this journey of cultural heritage and family pride. There is so much to discover about your family’s place in history, and this is a wonderful opportunity to secure their place in the future.